The social network that celebrates Latin food
This recipe is for a typical soup from Colombia, South America. The ingredients:
IN YOUR SOUP POT BEGIN WITH
1. Water - Used filtered.
2. Beef short ribs - Try about 7 pieces
3. Garlic - I added 4 cut garlic cloves
4. Green onion - I added 3 green onions
5. Celery - About 2 full-celery stalks
6. Cilantro - I add at least 1/2 cup fresh cut to soup preparation and then when serving, I add fresh cut cilantro over the soup... Yummy!
7. Potato - I added about 9 total to my large pot. I add these just right before serving the soup or else they potato tends to overcook and dissolve.
1. Bay leaf - 1 large
2. Turmeric - 1/2 to 1 tsp (depends on amount of soup and your taste buds)
3. Dulse or Kelp seaweed granules (not used in Colombia, but it adds nutrients) 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
4. Cumin - 1 or 2 dashes or sprinkles
5. Sea salt - To taste
6. Pepper - A few dashes or sprinkles
Serve in your soup bowl and add fresh cilantro over the top. A typical Colombian beef rib soup has one piece of beef rib, one potato and cilantro over the top. Simple and so, so delicious!
Enjoy! Travel to Colombia with your taste buds.