The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 10 small ones
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 puff pastry sheet (recommend Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets)
1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Cut pastry sheet into 3” x 2” rectangles.
4. Place about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the middle of the cut pastry.
5. Grab an edge and pull it in tightly to the center. Fold up the tips on the opposite ends toward the center. Continue to roll the dough until you create a little cocoon. Pinch the rolled edges shut.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Brush with egg whites and roll in sugar. The sugar is to taste, but ideally a quesito has a nice sugary crust that crunches when one takes a bite.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove quesitos from oven and brush with a moderate amount of Orange Glaze (see below) over each one.
10. Allow 10 minutes to cool before eating.
For Orange Glaze
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
8 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, orange zest, and orange juice; bring just to a boil so the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
We encourage you to subscribe to our blog to receive emails with more delicious Latin recipes.
Other recipes by Muy Bueno Cookbook on HK:
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)
Albondigas, the Ultimate Comfort Soup
Beef Brisket Tacos
Calabacitas con Elote (Zucchini with Corn)