The social network that celebrates Latin food
2 lbs. ground turkey
¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon crushed bay leaf, crushed
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon Mexican oregano
½ red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 scallions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and deveined, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined, diced
½ cup (4 oz.) canned corn, drained
¼ cup Oaxaca cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup milk
2 Poblano chiles, roasted, seeded, cut into rectangles
2 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, cut into rectangles
3 oz. Oaxaca cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 lbs. Roma tomatoes, skinless, seeded and deveined
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded, finely chopped
6 oz. tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
¼ teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon sugar
Pan size: 9x5x3
1. Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes at medium-low heat. Add garlic, tomato, chipotle and tomato paste. Mix well.
2. Turkey mixture: Mix turkey meat, coriander, bay leaf, chili, pepper, oregano, red onion, garlic, scallions, red pepper, jalapeño, corn and salt to taste. Let rest for 20 minutes (optional).
3. Mix bread crumbs with milk and beat the two eggs. Add them all to the meat. Mix well.
4. Place the red peppers next to each other, overlapping them to close any gaps. Place the Poblano chiles on top of the red peppers. Place the Oaxaca cheese on one end of the chilis and then make into a roll with the cheese inside.
5. Apply cooking spray to the inside of pan. Place one third of meat into pan. Place the pepper roll in the center of the pan and cover with the remaining meat, making a dome with your hands. Cover well with half of the sauce.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven. Cover the meatloaf with the ¼ cup of shredded Oaxaca cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve.
Other recipes by Denisse:
Mexican-Style Shrimp Ceviche
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas
Pastelón de Yuca y Pollo
Cod in Tomato Sauce
Chicken Pot Pie (Polvorosa de Pollo)
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!