The social network that celebrates Latin food
2 pounds lean ground beef, 80/20 fat content
2 slices white bread
1 Poblano pepper, diced
1 small white onion, diced
1/3 cup tomato salsa, homemade or store bought
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
For BBQ Sauce
3 cups ketchup
1 cup tomato salsa, homemade or store bought
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
4 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan combine all the ingredients to make the barbeque sauce, cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Taste for salt, reduce heat, cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. While the barbeque sauce is cooking, in a saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat to medium heat. Add the onions and poblano peppers, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
3. In a small bowl, combine the torn pieces of bread and 1/2 cup of milk, stir well to combine, set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients for meatloaf, fold in the milk/bread mixture and the peppers and onions.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil paper. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the pan and with both hands form into loaf shape, pressing firmly. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, remove from oven and baste the top of the meatloaf with barbeque sauce, return to oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
4. Warm up barbeque sauce. Serve the meatloaf slices covered in barbeque sauce with a side a mashed potatoes and fresh corn!
Other recipes by Sonia:
Mexican Red Rice
Chile Relleno with Serrano Shrimp
Tacos al Pastor
Cheesy Chorizo Bread
Flank Steak Tacos
Frijoles Borrachos con Chorizo
Buffalo Chicken Flautas
Chile Garlic Shrimp Kabobs
Chicken Enchilada Soup with Chayotes
Dulce de Leche and Chocolate Chip Chimichangas
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!