The social network that celebrates Latin food
1 chicken (3 lbs), with skin, cut into pieces
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup orange juice, reduced over low heat to ¼ cup
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp salt
¼ cup tequila
1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
2 tbsp chopped coriander
¼ cup canola oil
1. Mix the first eight ingredients and spread on the chicken pieces in a glass bowl. Let marinate for an hour.
2. Prepare a medium high heat on the barbecue.
3. Remove chicken from marinate, drain with paper towel.
4. Roast chicken on the barbecue over a medium heat. 5-6 minutes each side for the breasts. For thighs and big pieces, the barbecue must be covered over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked.
4. Chicken must be juicy, not dry. Season to taste.
Other recipes by Denisse:
Pastelón de Yuca y Pollo
Venezuelan-style Chicken Pot Pie (Polvorosa de pollo)
Cod in Tomato Sauce
Mexican-Style Shrimp Ceviche
Pulled Chicken with Jalapeño-Honey Mustard Panini
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas