The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 10-12 portions
1½ pounds sirloin steak, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, smashed
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1½ tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon powdered ancho chile
Juice of 1 lime
½ tablespoon annatto powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
12 corn tortillas for tacos
½ iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
Mexican crema or sour cream
3 tomatoes, chopped into cubes
Cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Add the seasonings to the meat, including the 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 to 3 hours; next day would be even better.
2. Remove from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet; pour the remaining oil and cook 3-4 minutes each side.
4. In another pan, heat the tortillas.
5. In each tortilla, place a bit of lettuce, a spoonful of meat, cream, tomato and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes by Denisse:
Flan de la Abuela (Grandma's Flan)
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna)
Arroz con Leche con Ron (Rice Pudding with Rum)
Pico de Gallo
Polvorosa de Pollo (Chicken Pot Pie)
Vegetable Quesadillas with Salsa Verde
Paella Mixta (Mixed Seafood Paella)
Scallop Ceviche with Serrano Chile
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!