The social network that celebrates Latin food
By Chef Elsie Ramos
3 lbs of oxtails (cut into 2 inch pieces)
2 potatoes (peeled and cut into quarter pieces)
3 tbsp of sofrito
½ cup of tomato sauce
½ tsp of chili powder
1 packet of Sazón seasoning
1 ½ tbsp of adobo seasoning
Salt to taste
1. Rinse oxtails and place into a bowl. Add sofrito seasoning, chili powder, Sazón and adobo.
2. Using a spoon (or hands), mix well to coat all of the tails with seasonings.
3. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then add them into pressure cooker. Add 1 cup of water and cover. Cook on high heat for about 40 minutes.
4. Turn off heat but DO NOT OPEN LID! Wait a few minutes then open your release valve to release the rest of the steam. Stand away from pot and let set for about 10 minutes before opening.
5. Using skimming ladle (or large spoon), skim some of the excess oil from the top of your cooker.
6. Add potatoes, stir and cover loosely. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium heat (or until potatoes are softened).
7. Serve as is or with a side of rice!
Check out this video on How to Use a Pressure Cooker
For more pressure cooker recipes visit http://www.imusausa.com.
Pressure Cooker Safety Precautions
Pressure cookers are safe when used according to directions. That includes following safety precautions. Four important safety rules are: