The social network that celebrates Latin food
2 bunches watercress, thick stalks removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces Spanish onion, finely chopped
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 green zucchini, peeled and cut into cubes
Salt to taste
1. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil at medium-high heat. Add onion and stir until golden (about 3 minutes).
2. Add scallion, celery, garlic, cilantro, oregano, thyme and pepper. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add watercress. Mix and cook for 5 additional minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth, potatoes and zucchini. Add salt to taste and cover. Once it boils, lower the temperature to medium-low and cook for an additional 18–20 minutes.
5. Let rest for 15 minutes. Pour into blender and mix well. Serve.
Other recipes by Denisse:
Pastelón de Yuca y Pollo
Venezuelan-style Chicken Pot Pie (Polvorosa de pollo)
Cod in Tomato Sauce
Mexican-Style Shrimp Ceviche
Pulled Chicken with Jalapeño-Honey Mustard Panini
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas