The social network that celebrates Latin food
1 pound fresh scallops
¼ cup red grapefruit juice
¼ cup lime juice
1/3 cup orange juice
3-4 pieces of lemongrass, crushed
4 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
1 large radish, cut into very small cubes
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
1 serrano chile, seeded, cut into very small cubes
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Salt and white pepper to taste
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Clean scallops well, removing the adductor muscle and membranes from each scallop. Rinse and dry scallops well.
2. Mix grapefruit, orange and lime juices, and lemongrass.
3. Pour ¾ of the juice mixture over scallops. Marinate for 2 hours minimum.
4. Remove liquid and lemongrass.
5. Add remaining ingredients, stir and serve.
Other recipes by Denisse:
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna)
Pico de Gallo
Polvorosa de Pollo (Chicken Pot Pie)
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn
Paella Mixta (Mixed Seafood Paella)
Flan de la Abuela (Grandma's Flan)
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas