The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 8 servings
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 (14-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14-oz.) can creamed corn
¼ cup cornmeal
2 egg yolks
½ cup evaporated skim milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup crumbled low-fat farmer’s cheese
4 egg whites
1. Sauté the onion and jalapeño in olive oil until tender. Let cool and then add to a large bowl.
2. Place the two types of corn in the bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the cornmeal, one tablespoon at a time, stirring to prevent lumps.
3. Once you’ve added all the cornmeal, add the egg yolks and mix well. Add the skim milk and stir.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them into the corn mixture.
6. Pour into a baking dish, and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until set.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!