The social network that celebrates Latin food
2 pounds Idaho potatoes, washed, unpeeled, each cut lengthwise in 8 slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
5 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Juice of one lemon
1 lemon, sliced
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, season potatoes with salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. In an ovenproof frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil; add potatoes and garlic. Sauté for 5–8 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and lemon slices to potatoes.
5. Bake for 30–35 minutes until potatoes turn golden-brown and are fully cooked (an inserted toothpick should come out clean).
6. Let rest for a few minutes. Serve as a side dish to meat or fish.
Other recipes by Denisse:
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Pastelón de Yuca y Pollo
Venezuelan-style Chicken Pot Pie (Polvorosa de pollo)
Paella Mixta (Mixed Seafood Paella)
Cod in Tomato Sauce
Mexican-Style Shrimp Ceviche
Flan de la Abuela (Grandma's Flan)
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas