The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 4 servings
4 corn cobs, cleaned, silk threads and husks removed
1 teaspoon salt, mixed with ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon margarine, melted
4 ounces butter at room temperature
2 cloves garlic, crushed thoroughly until pasty
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon grated lemon rind
¼ cup grated Cotija cheese or the cheese of your preference
1. Brush melted margarine over corn cobs. Season with salt and pepper mixture.
2. Prepare butter mixture by blending butter, garlic paste, cilantro and lemon rind until smooth.
3. Place butter mixture on plastic wrap and roll into a cylinder shape. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1 hour.
4. Place corn on grill at medium heat, rotating cobs 3 times to make sure they are evenly cooked, approximately 5 minutes each time, for a total of 15 minutes.
5. Slice butter mixture and serve over corn.
6. Sprinkle grated Cotija cheese, or the grated cheese of your preference, over the corn.
Other recipes by Denisse:
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna)
Pico de Gallo
Polvorosa de Pollo (Chicken Pot Pie)
Chicken Fricassee with Raisins and Dried Plums
Mexican-Style Shrimp Ceviche
Paella Mixta (Mixed Seafood Paella)
Flan de la Abuela (Grandma's Flan)
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas