The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 12-16 cupcakes
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon zest and ¼ cup juice from Key limes, may substitute regular limes
¾ cup canned coconut milk
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup Clover honey
2 large eggs
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a liquid measure, combine Key lime zest and juice, and coconut milk; set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy; scraping sides of bowl, as necessary. Add honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly add the lime mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in coconut and macadamia nuts.
5. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Remove to wire rack; cool. Frost with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.
Save these snow-cone recipes to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!