The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 12 empanadas
1 white onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons oil
1 lb. poached chicken, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Butter, for greasing baking sheet
Beaten egg, for brushing empanadas
12 puff pastry-style empanada discs
1. Heat the oil in a skillet, and sauté the onions and bell peppers until tender.
2. Add the chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Once the mixture is cool, add the hard-boiled eggs.
3. Fill the empanada discs with a heaping tablespoon of filling, and firmly seal them shut by crimping the edge with a fork.
4. Place the empanadas on a greased baking sheet, and brush the tops with beaten egg.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 375ºF for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Rossana López
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!