The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 4 main dish or 8 appetizer servings
1 pound large raw tail on shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons hot chili oil
2 cups flaked coconut
Tangy Mango Sauce:
1 large ripe mango, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1. Puree mango, vinegar, honey and ginger in a blender or food processor; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse shrimp and pat very dry between paper towels.
3. In a medium bowl stir together honey, soy sauce and chili oil. Dip shrimp in mixture then roll in coconut, pressing so that it sticks to the shrimp; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with some of the excess coconut.
4. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp is firm and coconut is golden brown.
5. Carefully remove from baking sheet with a spatula to a platter. Serve mango sauce on the side for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board. For more great mango recipes, visit Mango.org
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!