The social network that celebrates Latin food
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 lb. cream cheese
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups light cream or (Half & Half)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberries for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a microwave safe cup or small bowl, mix the water and sugar and heat on high for 5 to 7 minutes until caramel begins to form. Pour caramel into a mold flan.
3. Place the chocolate in a heat-resistant glass cup and place in a double boiler (bain Marie) and heat until the chocolate melts. Add the light cream and stir until the chocolate dissolves.
4. In a food processor or mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs until a creamy consistency is reached. Add the melted chocolate and the rest of the light cream. Pour the flan mixture into the mold with the caramel.
5. Place the flan in the double boiler and cook for 1 hour.
6. Let cool and place in the fridge until serving time.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cielito Rosado. Find Cielito online at CielitoRosado.com