The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 4 servings
4 large, boneless chicken breasts (butterflied)
4 ancho chile peppers
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin seeds
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Juice of 2 limes
1 cup olive oil
1. In a microwave-safe bowl (glass), add the chile ancho and cover with water. Microwave for 6 minutes, turning peppers over after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and cover.
2. While the peppers are cooling, butterfly the chicken breast and transfer to a glass baking dish, then set aside.
3. Drain the chile ancho and transfer to the blender, add the garlic, cumin seeds, paprika, lime juice, olive oil and 2 teaspoons of salt. Blend on high until smooth, then taste for salt. Add the marinade to the chicken breasts and toss so that all of the chicken is covered completely. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil paper and lay the chicken pieces down, do not overcrowd. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes.
5. Serve as-is with rice, beans and a salad, or slice chicken for tacos.
Note: If you would like them a little spicier, add some chipotles in adobo, or fresh serrano peppers when you blend the marinade.
Other recipes by Sonia:
Mexican Red Rice
Tacos al Pastor
Cheesy Chorizo Bread
Flank Steak Tacos
Frijoles Borrachos con Chorizo
Pork Chile Verde
Lemon Pepper Chicken Fajitas
Chorizo Pozole Soup with Lime Pickled Red Onions
Dulce de Leche and Chocolate Chip Chimichangas
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!