The social network that celebrates Latin food
Pictured: Chayote squash
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
4 tablespoons flour
1 medium yellow pepper, sliced
3 large chayote squash, peeled, pitted, sliced
6 cups vegetable broth, divided
1/2 cup water
Cilantro, coarsley chopped (for garnish)
For the Cilantro Sour Cream (can use low-fat sour cream and 2% milk also)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1/3 cup milk
1. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Sauté onion and garlic until tender; about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and ginger and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add squash, pepper, and 2 cups broth to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer until squash is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Process mixture in food processor or blender until smooth; return to saucepan. Add remaining broth and water continuing to heat; serving warm or cool to serve chilled.
5. Drizzle with Cilantro Sour Cream and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!