The social network that celebrates Latin food
Warming up is easy to do with this tasty pear calientito. You can serve it in your favorite mug or try these chic and eco-friendly mugs. These festive handcrafted mugs made from Asian pears are sure to awe your guests.
3½ cups pear nectar
1-2 sticks of cinnamon
3 whole cloves
4 whole anise stars
¾ cup tequila gold
4 Asian pears (optional)
1. Combine pear nectar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and anise stars in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Add tequila and stir to incorporate.
3. Cut off the pear top and with a sharp knife carefully outline a rim on your pear cup.
4. With a melon baller or a spoon, hollow out the pear making sure to leave about ¼ inch at the bottom and around the edges, creating a cup.
5. Pour warm nectar into pear cups and enjoy!
For more delicious Latin recipes visit: Muy Bueno Cookbook
Photography by Jeanine Thurston
Other recipes by Muy Bueno Cookbook on HK:
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)
Albondigas, the Ultimate Comfort Soup
Beef Brisket Tacos
Mango Coconut Sorbet
Vanilla Cream Cheese Quesitos
Avena (Old Fashioned Mexican Oatmeal)
Calabacitas con Elote (Zucchini with Corn)