The social network that celebrates Latin food
Yields 6 servings
Ingredients and Directions for the squash:
1 butternut squash, washed and cut down the middle
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
pinch of ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Remove seeds from squash.
2. Cut in wedges, place in a bowl and season with oil, salt and pepper.
3. In a metal baking tray, place the squash with the cut side facing up.
4. Sprinkle again some oil.
5. Bake at 425ºF for 30 to 45 minutes, or until it's soft and caramelly.
6. During baking, make sure to sprinkle with oil twice and move the tray around twice to a different position.
7. Remove and brush on the cider glaze (recipe follows).
Cider and Spice Glaze
Yield is for 6 portions of squash
¼ cup apple cider
¼ cup apple juice
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon Tabasco chipotle
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
A few grains of whole black pepper
A few flakes of red pepper
2 cinnamon sticks, broken up
4 star anise
Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Mix the ingredients in a noncorrosive bowl or jar.
2. Heat the mixture in a saucepan or pot until it boils.
3. Turn down the heat and cook on low for 5 minutes.
4. Remove mixture from heat and allow it to rest.
5. Sprinkle the hot glaze over the squash.
6. Optional: Sprinkle chopped mint over the squash.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!