The social network that celebrates Latin food
By Chef John Conley, owner of Salsa Brava
Makes 4 servings
1½ pounds large sea scallops, cleaned
2/3 cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup tequila
1½ cups fresh lemon juice
½ cup sugar
2 jalapeños, chopped and seeds removed
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 teaspoons finely minced cilantro
1 lime, quartered
1. Place all the ingredients (except the scallops, olive oil, cilantro and quartered lime wedges), into a blender or food processor. Puree until completely blended.
2. Transfer to a glass bowl and set aside. Clean and pat dry the scallops.
3. Add the olive oil to a hot saute pan and sear the scallops until they begin to caramelize, about 1 minute. Turn the scallops over and cook on the other side for about 1 more minute, being sure not to overcook. Cook for about 30 seconds more, add the blended mixture and bring to a boil. Remove scallops and transfer to a covered dish and keep warm.
4. Continue to cook the sauce over high heat until reduced by half.
5. To serve, place the scallops on a plate, overlapping one another, and drizzle the sauce directly from the pan over them. Sprinkle with cilantro and the juice from the lime wedges.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!