Hispanic Kitchen is the cure for boring meals
Yields 4 servings as appetizer
1 chicken breast
4 avocados (Hass or West Indian type)
1 green onion
1 whole garlic clove
1 red potato cooked, peeled and diced
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
1/4 green apple, peeled and seeded, cut into small squares
Juice of ½ lime
1 teaspoon finely chopped red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the chicken breast in a pot of boiling water. Add salt to taste, green onion and garlic.
2. Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the pot and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
4. Cut the chicken into cubes and put them into a large bowl. Add the diced potato, mayonnaise, red onion, parsley, chipotle, red pepper and lime juice.
5. Mix, adjust the flavors and let the salad cool in the refrigerator for a half hour.
6. To serve, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and a bit of the inner pulp.
7. Serve two generous tablespoons of salad in each avocado half.
Other recipes by Denisse:
The Mexican Tamale: A Delight for the Palate
Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna)
Pico de Gallo
Polvorosa de Pollo (Chicken Pot Pie)
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn
Paella Mixta (Mixed Seafood Paella)
Flan de la Abuela (Grandma's Flan)
Shrimp Asopao with Pigeon Peas