The social network that celebrates Latin food
Your privacy is important to us. To demonstrate our commitment to our users' privacy, we have agreed to disclose our information practices.
We will not collect personal information without your knowledge and permission;
We will allow you to view, correct or remove your personal information;
We will allow you to close your account;
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we collect from you;
We will never sell, rent or share your personal information, including your email with third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission. We may share your personal information with our service delivery providers for the purpose of delivering our email or other services or as required by U.S. judicial authorities.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any personal information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required personal information, we may not be able to provide you with services that can be offered on our Network.
You must be 18 or over, or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is over 18 years of age, to register as a Hispanic Kitchen member or to use our Network and Services. If you are under the applicable age, you can use our Network under the supervision of your parent or guardian who has agreed to the Terms of Service. However, you must be 13 years or older to use our Network in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you do not qualify, please do not use our Network.
USER REGISTRATION (SIGNING UP AS A "MEMBER"/CREATING AN ACCOUNT)
When you become a HispanicKitchen.com user, during the registration process you will provide us with requested information such as your name, and email address, password, password validation, website persona name, and location. You may choose to display your real name or to use a pseudonym. Your email and password are never displayed on our Network. This information is collected on the registration form for several reasons including: (1) to allow you to log in to your profile using a secret password so that you may fully utilize the services provided on our Network, (2) to allow us, if necessary, to contact you for customer service, (3) to allow us to send you a confirmation email upon joining that makes it more difficult for third-party "spammers" to abuse our registration process. As a registered member, you can opt-in to receive email updates from us about special offers, new HispanicKitchen.com services, and other noteworthy information including comments that other users have made to content that you have submitted. However, you may always choose to decline to receive these email messages at any time. Please see our Choice/Opting Out policy described below.
PUBLIC INFORMATION ON MEMBER PROFILES
In their user profile, users can choose to provide a variety of user-generated content such as photos, videos, reviews and recipes. This information is publicly displayed in the user's profile.
NETWORK MODES OF USAGE
There are two ways that you may use the Network:
As an Unregistered User, you may access publicly available information on our Network. Your activity may be tracked and when you view a specific page on our Network, your view may be counted towards the aggregate views for that page.
As a Registered User ("Member"), you may access publicly available information on our Network, build a profile on our Network, and submit content on our Network. You may also vote, comment, add and send Content as described on our Network. As a Member, you are also free to use internal network messaging features and establishing friendships with other members. Internal messages are private and only seen by the sender and recipient.
CHOICE: OPTING OUT OF EMAILS/TERMINATION OF USER ACCOUNTS
Our users are given the opportunity to opt-out of emails to which they have previously opted-in. This does not apply to emails that are automatically generated by the system (registration confirmation emails).
Users who no longer wish to receive our periodic and/or promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by changing their preferences on their user profile. For emails, we also offer an opt-out mechanism for Registered Users on the User Profile page (My Profile).
You may, at any time, update, correct, or delete certain categories of Personal Information that you have provided to us by signing in to your Profile and updating the Personal Information. Additionally, you may update, correct, or delete certain categories of Personal Information within your profile. Members may also, at any time, elect to leave our Network and delete their content on our Network. Our Network does not close or delete member accounts unless there is a violation of terms by the user that merits such action. Members are responsible for closing their accounts and removing their content, if that is their wish.
When a User signs up to become a member of our Network, he or she is providing Personal Information to our Network. Our Network provides members the ability to reset their user name, emails and passwords as they need or desire.
CORRECTING OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If a Member's personally identifiable information (such as email) changes or if a user no longer desires to use our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate user's personally identifiable information. Members can change personal information on the User Profile (My Profile) page. Members can also email our customer support at Contact@HispanicKitchen.com
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information to operate, provide, improve, and maintain our Network, and our other services and systems, and to develop new products and services; to prevent abusive and fraudulent use of our Network and our other services and systems; to send you administrative messages, and information about our Network, content, and services in which we believe you may be interested; and for other administrative and internal business purposes.
We may disclose Personal Information if we have a good-faith belief that doing so is required by a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law. Additionally, we may disclose Personal Information where we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent violation of our Terms of Service, or our other agreements; take precautions against liability; protect the rights, property, or safety of our Network, any individual, or the general public; maintain and protect the security and integrity of our services or infrastructure; protect ourselves and our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; or assist government enforcement agencies.
USE OF AGGREGATE INFORMATION (NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE)
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
CHANGE IN NETWORK OWNERSHIP
In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including email addresses, to that entity. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registered users of such a transfer (by a posting on our home page, or by email to a Member’s email address that was provided to us, as chosen by us in our discretion).
Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer with information about your visit to a particular site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are erased when you close your browser and do not last beyond one visit to our Network. Session cookies help us keep track of information such as what date or restaurant you are searching for. A persistent cookie is a small file stored on your hard drive for an extended period of time. These cookies are used to remember items like your login information if you have selected for it to be remembered on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. If you reject the cookie, you may not be able to fully use our Network. In particular, session ID cookies are required to store relevant information as a user moves from page to page. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Network.
We use industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. We do not assume any liability to third parties whose information you include in your address book, contact list or any similar items, or which you post or transmit in any Content on our Network. To help maintain the security of your account credentials, please keep your password secure. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By becoming a Registered User ("Member") of our Network, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Network. If a security systems breach occurs, we may post a notice on our homepage, or elsewhere on our Network and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
Our Network may contain links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information. Our Network has enabled “Social Sign-In,” which allows Members to use their account credentials from certain third-party services (such as Facebook, Google or Yahoo!) to sign in or sign up to use our Network. As part of the sign-up process, the third-party service will transmit certain information used to complete the new Member’s profile page, including name, email address and, where available, profile photo, birthdate, gender and location. Any of the transmitted profile information, except for email address, can be updated or changed during sign up. The email address can be changed after sign up. Our Network allows Members to share content via Facebook, Twitter and Share links.
You acknowledge that we have not reviewed and do not necessarily endorse the content of sites, applications, destinations or Networks linked to or accessible from our Network and are not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites, applications, destinations or Networks. Your linking to or accessing any other site, application, destination or Network is at your sole risk.
NETWORK MONITORING AND CURATION
We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so we may monitor activity on our Network, including in the social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere, to foster compliance with Network Policies. You hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees that: (1) our Network, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use, (2) apparent statements of fact will be authenticated, or (3) we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a challenge or dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with our Policies. We generally do not pre-screen content before it is posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through our Network by users, so you may be exposed to content that is opinionated, offensive, and/or inappropriate, including content that violates this Policy.
MEMBER STANDARDS OF CONDUCT AND CONTENT USAGE
You must comply with all local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations in accessing and using our Network, and will immediately notify us if you learn of or suspect a security breach or any illegal activity in connection with our Network.
Members shall not:
• Make any commercial, advertising, promotional, or marketing use of our Network and/or content, including without limitation the photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, trademarks, trade names, Network marks and other brand identifiers of us, our licensors, vendors, and/or Network providers obtained on or through the Network, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by this Policy, us or our Network;
• Impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else, by setting up different accounts/profiles or otherwise, or falsely state, represent, or imply any affiliation, association, or connection with a person or entity when using our Network;
• Falsely state, represent, or imply any affiliation, association, or connection between any person or entity, including without limitation you, your company, or your site, application, destination or Network, with our Network, us, or our licensors, vendors and/or Network providers;
• Post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that constitutes junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing, advertising, and/or commercial offers;
• Repeatedly post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network the same content multiple times in a day, week, or month;
• Post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through our Network any unsolicited bulk communication;
• Engage in personal attacks, use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content about an individual that is, abusive, intimidating, bullying, harassing, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages an individual, on or through our Network;
• Use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content about a group that is, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages any group based on race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age, or otherwise engage in what we deem to be racism, sexism, ageism, religious intolerance, bigotry, ethnic slurs, or homophobia;
• Use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, or foreign law, rule or regulation, including without limitation defamation, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy;
• Stalk others on or through our Network, or using information obtained on or through our Network, or otherwise contact other users in the physical world without their permission using information obtained on or through the Network;
• Use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that is, or depicts anyone engaged in any act deemed by us to be, pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, perverse, illicit, indecent, lewd, or lascivious;
• Use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that we deem to be offensive, immoral, vulgar, crude, harmful, violent, deceptive, or otherwise inappropriate;
• Post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that you are bound to not disclose, by agreement, contract, fiduciary duty, employment relationship, or otherwise, such as insider information, proprietary and/or confidential information, or trade secrets;
• Discuss the mechanics of sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions available on or through our Network, or attempt to manipulate, corrupt or otherwise affect the outcome of, any such promotions, or post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Network any content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, inform, or promote activities that may subvert or not comply with the rules, restrictions, and/or limitations applicable to such promotions;
• Post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any content that infringes, violates, or breaches the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of us, our licensors, vendors, Network providers, other users, and/or any third party;
• Copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, or erase any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary legends, symbols, marks, or notices on our Network, or attempt to circumvent any mechanisms for preventing the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of content;
• Copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, or use any content obtained on or through our Network, in whole or in part, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by Hispanic Kitchen/Chattervox Media LLC;
• Copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of our Network, in whole or in part, including without limitation any content, communications, messaging, programming, hardware, functionality, or features on our networks, servers or databases, or otherwise reduce our Network, in whole or in part, to a human perceivable form;
• Access, other than connecting to our servers by http requests using a browser, or disrupt, overwhelm, attack, hack, destroy, damage, disable, impair, repossess, alter, tamper or interfere with, our Network including without limitation any content, communications, messaging, programming, hardware, functionality, or features on our networks, servers or databases, or impede or interfere with others' access, visitation, and/or use of our Network, in any way or by any means, whether remotely or by access to our personal property, premises, or otherwise, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Network or otherwise; or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network any software disabling devices, time bombs, Trojan horses, viruses, worms, bugs, corrupted files, spyware, adware, malware, malicious programs or code, or devices or defects of similar nature.
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT
You or the owner of any content you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network retains ownership of all rights, title, and interests in such content. However, by posting, uploading, transmitting, sending or otherwise making available content, registering for our Network, entering a sweepstakes or contest, or engaging in any other form of communication with us (on or through our Network or otherwise) you irrevocably grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse-engineer, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, use, or change all such content and communications, in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. Among other things, this means that we may use any ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or inventions that you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available in any manner as we see fit without any compensation or attribution to you. In any event, you should make copies of or otherwise back-up any and all content, personal data or communications you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through our Network that you may wish to retain.
Please be aware that content you disclose in publicly accessible portions of our Network may be available to other users, so you should be mindful of personally identifiable information and sensitive content you may wish to post. We are not responsible for the consequences of content or personally identifiable information you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on our Network.
We respect intellectual property and copyrights, and we ask others to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, in addition to our other remedies, terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account/profile or ability to access, visit, and/or use our Network of users who infringe the copyright rights of others, and we may choose to remove, delete, erase, or disable access to content deemed to be infringing. It is our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
If you have reason to believe that your content has been copied and/or is accessible on our Network in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that our Network contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or Network that contains content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by e-mail that includes the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512)
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works on our Network are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Service;
3. Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such copyrighted work;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our licensors, vendors, Network providers, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, independent and sub-contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Indemnitees") from and against any and all claims, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (collectively, “Claims”) which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your access, visitation and/or use of our Network, your content, unauthorized use of content obtained on or through our Network, breach or alleged breach of our Policy, or from any of your acts or omissions in connection with the Network.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
LAST UPDATE: November 15, 2012