Nine Bean Soup
This recipe is ideal for a large gathering.
Number of Servings: 12
1 cup black beans
1 cup red beans
1 cup pinto beans
1 cup white beans
1 cup split green peas
1 cup navy beans
1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
1 15.5 oz can no sodium black-eyed peas, drained
1 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
1 14.5 oz can no sodium diced tomatoes
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup green onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp salt
1. Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, split
green peas, navy beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
2. Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water. Add
navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas and kidney beans. Cover
and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are
4. Add tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, garlic and
5. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.