Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board (Honey.com)
. Used with
Makes 10 servings
2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 packages cream cheese (8 oz.)
½ cup honey
8.5 oz. jar guava fruit spread, divided*
2 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons amaretto liqueur, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs
and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform
pan; set aside.
2. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add honey
and ½ cup guava spread; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time; blend
after each addition. Add flour and 2 tablespoons amaretto; mix
well. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 minutes, or until filling begins to turn golden and
edges are set. Turn off oven and open door slightly, leaving
cheesecake inside for 10 minutes with door ajar.
4. Remove cheesecake from oven and place on a cooling rack. In a
small saucepan, combine remaining guava spread (¼ cup +) and 1
Tablespoon amaretto. Heat and stir until spread is warm and smooth.
Spread on top of cheesecake, starting at the center and working
topping outwards, in a circle, leaving filling bare towards the
5. Cool at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Cut and
To print this page, "CTRL P" on your keyboard or use this
environmentally friendly printing tool: